Surinam Soup Made with Healthy Okra’s
In Surinam they eat this delicious soup named Okro Bravoe also called okra soup is a well-filled soup that is eaten as a main meal. Okro Bravoe is therefore a meal soup. You can eat the soup with rice and possibly with tom tom (banana balls). The ingredients of the soup can be varied to suit everyone’s taste. The base of the soup consists of okra’s, antroewa and the tajer leaves, healthy Surinam vegetables, you can read more on the Food blog www.Moony4ever.blog
** View the tips at the bottom of the recipe.
Surinam OkroBravoe Soup Recipe
250 Grams of Soup Chicken
150 Grams of Salt Meat (LufoZoutvlees
2 Liters of Water (Keep 1 Extra Liter of Water Aside)
4 Small Antroewa
4 Allspice Grains
1 Madame Jeanette Pepper
4 Sprigs of Celery
1 Bunch of Tajerblad (About 8 Sprigs)
2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
Rice For 4 People
- Wash the salt meat and boil it out. Then cut the salt meat into cubes of one and a half centimeters. Wash the chicken with vinegar or lemon and cut into pieces about 4 cm larger, but not too small, otherwise the chicken dissolves in the soup. Cut the onions into rings and the celery into large pieces. Clean the ochres by grating the outside with your knife and remove the top and cut into slices. You were the antroewa’s and you also remove the crown. At the tajer leaf, remove the stem and wash the leaves well.
- Bring 2 liters of water to the boil in a large stockpot. In the water you first put 4 allspice grains, the soup vegetables, onion, 2 stock cubes and the tajer leaf. Let this boil for about 15 minutes. Then take out the tajer leaf and place it in a separate bowl or pan. Then the chicken and the salted meat can be put in the stockpot together with the ochres and the antroewa’s. Now let it cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- You can now beat the tajer leaf that you have set aside with a spoon. Then it is allowed back in the soup. Your soup should now have a thicker texture. Taste the soup and add any salt to taste. If the soup is too thick, add a little water. If the soup is thin, leave the lid of the pan on the last 10 minutes so that the water can evaporate a little. cook the pepper for the last 3 minutes. Do not burst the pepper or the soup will become too hot.
- Spoon some rice in a flat plate and the soup in a deep bowl. Make sure you have served 1 antroewa with everyone. Also let your eaters know that it contains allspice grains. If you want, you can remove the allspice grains at the end of the cooking time so that your guests don’t find them in their soup.
- For those who like spicy, you can of course cook the pepper aearlier stage. This will burst the pepper and make the soup nice and spicy.
- You can scoop up the rice a little less if you also serve Tom Tom balls.
- Dry fish in the soup is also delicious. You can wash the dry fish and cook it immediately. Remove the dry fish from the pan in step 3 and bone the fish. Add the fish back to the last 10 minutes of cooking. If you throw it right in, the fish will fall apart.
- Crab is also very tasty with this soup. Clean crabs and cook for the last 10 minutes.
Do you want to see more photo’s or recipe’s of these products, visit www.Moony4ever.blog